Aims and Scope
The aim of Advances in Food Processing and Technology is to publish high-quality research articles that contribute to the advancement of the science and technology of food processing. Our goal is to provide a platform for researchers and professionals in the food industry to share their findings and insights with a global audience, and to promote collaboration, knowledge exchange, and innovation in food processing and technology.
The topics covered by Advances in Food Processing and Technology include, but are not limited to:
- Novel processing techniques, including thermal and non-thermal processing, high pressure processing, pulsed electric field processing, and ultrasound processing.
- Food chemistry and biochemistry, including the analysis of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and bioactive compounds in food, as well as food oxidation, flavor, and color.
- Sensory evaluation and consumer acceptance of food products.
- Food packaging and preservation, including the development of new packaging materials and techniques to extend the shelf life of food products.
- Food microbiology, including the study of microorganisms in food processing, foodborne pathogens, and the development of new methods to control microbial growth and improve food safety.
- Food engineering, including the design and optimization of food processing equipment and processes, as well as the modeling and simulation of food processing operations.
- Sustainability and environmental impact of food processing, including the reduction of food waste, the use of renewable energy sources, and the development of environmentally friendly packaging materials and processes.
We encourage researchers to submit their original research articles, review articles, and short communications on these topics and related fields.