1. Stryer L (2000) Integration of metabolism. Biochemistry. New York: W. H. Freeman and Company 627-645
2. Lohmann K, Schuster P (1937) Untersuchungen über die Cocarboxylase. Biochem Z 294: 188-214.
14. Lovato L, Cianti R, Gini B, Marconi S, Bianchi L, et al. (2008) Transketolase and 2',3'-cyclic-nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase type I isoforms are specifically recognized by IgG autoantibodies in multiple sclerosis patients. Molecular & cellular proteomics 7: 2337-2349.
20. McKenna MC, Stevenson JH, Huang X, Tildon JT, Zielke CL, et al. (2000) Mitochondrial malic enzyme activity is much higher in mitochondria from cortical synaptic terminals compared with mitochondria from primary cultures of cortical neurons or cerebellar granule cells. Neurochem Int 36: 451-459.
21. Vogel R, Jennemann G, Seitz J, Wiesinger H, Hamprecht B (1998) Mitochondrial malic enzyme: purification from bovine brain, generation of an antiserum, and immunocytochemical localization in neurons of rat brain. J Neurochem 71: 844-852.
24. Zoccarato F, Toscano P, Alexandre A (2005) Dopamine-derived dopaminochrome promotes H(2)O(2) release at mitochondrial complex I: stimulation by rotenone, control by Ca(2+), and relevance to Parkinson disease. J Biol Chem 280: 15587-15594.
27. Kurz GM, Wiesinger H, Hamprecht B (1993) Purification of cytosolic malic enzyme from bovine brain, generation of monoclonal antibodies, and immunocytochemical localization of the enzyme in glial cells of neural primary cultures. J Neurochem 60: 1467-1474.
29. Filosa S, Fico A, Paglialunga F, Paglialunga F, Balestrieri M, et al. Failure to increase glucose consumption through the pentose-phosphate pathway results in the death of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase gene-deleted mouse embryonic stem cells subjected to oxidative stress. Biochem J 370: 935-943.
31. Minich T, Yokota S, Dringen R (2003) Cytosolic and mitochondrial isoforms of NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenases are expressed in cultured rat neurons, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes and microglial cells. J Neurochem 86: 605-614.
32. Freeman H, Shimomura K, Cox RD, Ashcroft FM (2006) Nicotinamide nucleotide transhydrogenase: a link between insulin secretion, glucose metabolism and oxidative stress. Biochem Soc Trans 34: 806-810.
34. Huck JH, Verhoeven NM, Struys EA, Salomons GS, Jakobs C, et al. (2004) Ribose-5-phosphate isomerase deficiency: new inborn error in the pentose phosphate pathway associated with a slowly progressive leukoencephalopathy. Am J Hum Genet 74: 745-751.